Feeling depressed?

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 30th, 2017, 7:26pm




IHJ Community
Chatter Room
Chit Chat (Moderators: xoaLLyxo, Twilight)
  Feeling depressed?
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8  ...  45
   Author  Topic: Feeling depressed?  (Read 12094 times)
nellie
Newbie


member is offline






Email PM


Posts: 0
Re: Feeling depressed?
« Reply #75 on: Jun 29th, 2006, 07:49am »

on Jun 29th, 2006, 06:25am, Nell wrote:
Exactly! You know, our society nowadays teaches us to hate ourselves instead of love ourselves I don't get it. And I'm not falling for it, either. We're all human, we're all equal, we all deserve respect and love and even if you haven't met him or them yet; there's always at least one man out there who is willing to give you the love and respect you deserve. It's how nature works. But ofcourse that's never said by the media, 'cause then they won't sell as many self-help books


hahaha, today I'm all laughing... Of course... about the books I mean!
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2006, 07:49am by nellie » Logged

Nell
Gyllenhaalic Wannabe


member is offline






Email PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 665
Re: Feeling depressed?
« Reply #76 on: Jun 29th, 2006, 07:53am »

on Jun 29th, 2006, 07:49am, nellie wrote:
hahaha, today I'm all laughing... Of course... about the books I mean!


LOL well it's true there are some things awfully wrong in this world! Just don't let it get to ya
Logged

nellie
Newbie


member is offline






Email PM


Posts: 0
Re: Feeling depressed?
« Reply #77 on: Jun 29th, 2006, 08:31am »

on Jun 29th, 2006, 07:53am, Nell wrote:
LOL well it's true there are some things awfully wrong in this world! Just don't let it get to ya


Yeah, there are some things that actually IS totally wrong in this world. It's actually really scary... I mean especially about all those stuff.
And children aren't allowed to be children anymore, they are all dressed up and they all wear clothes that somebody your own age wears. It's just crazy... and they actually get teased if they wear geeky clothes.
It's just so wrong. Childrean are supposed to wear children's clothes, not grown up outfits! It's all about looks... and it's totally awful! I mean of course I care about how I look... but you shouldn't over-do it.
Limits people, limits!

Logged

Nell
Gyllenhaalic Wannabe


member is offline






Email PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 665
Re: Feeling depressed?
« Reply #78 on: Jun 29th, 2006, 09:29am »

on Jun 29th, 2006, 08:31am, nellie wrote:
Yeah, there are some things that actually IS totally wrong in this world. It's actually really scary... I mean especially about all those stuff.
And children aren't allowed to be children anymore, they are all dressed up and they all wear clothes that somebody your own age wears. It's just crazy... and they actually get teased if they wear geeky clothes.
It's just so wrong. Childrean are supposed to wear children's clothes, not grown up outfits! It's all about looks... and it's totally awful! I mean of course I care about how I look... but you shouldn't over-do it.
Limits people, limits!



Exactly. Sexuality, sensuality and love are being put in a very wrong context.

As a thirteen year old I actually didn't believe that love wasn't about how you look. People kept telling me it was about personality, but the media told me differently, so I got really insecure and unhappy.

Now I know that looks really DON'T matter. They are nice, but they are not the reason you fall in love with someone.

We've completely lost the essence of existance and joy of life, it's sad to look at it and be able to do nothing.
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2006, 09:31am by Nell » Logged

nellie
Newbie


member is offline






Email PM


Posts: 0
Re: Feeling depressed?
« Reply #79 on: Jun 29th, 2006, 10:04am »

on Jun 29th, 2006, 09:29am, Nell wrote:
Exactly. Sexuality, sensuality and love are being put in a very wrong context.

As a thirteen year old I actually didn't believe that love wasn't about how you look. People kept telling me it was about personality, but the media told me differently, so I got really insecure and unhappy.

Now I know that looks really DON'T matter. They are nice, but they are not the reason you fall in love with someone.

We've completely lost the essence of existance and joy of life, it's sad to look at it and be able to do nothing.


I know, all this media shit... could drive you mad.
Logged

Nell
Gyllenhaalic Wannabe


member is offline






Email PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 665
Re: Feeling depressed?
« Reply #80 on: Jun 29th, 2006, 1:37pm »

Indeed it could... Jake's inspiring, though! He looks like he's true to himself and lives life to the fullest...
Logged

nellie
Newbie


member is offline






Email PM


Posts: 0
Re: Feeling depressed?
« Reply #81 on: Jun 29th, 2006, 2:17pm »

on Jun 29th, 2006, 1:37pm, Nell wrote:
Indeed it could... Jake's inspiring, though! He looks like he's true to himself and lives life to the fullest...


Yes I think he is! I love him.
Logged

Nell
Gyllenhaalic Wannabe


member is offline






Email PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 665
Re: Feeling depressed?
« Reply #82 on: Jun 29th, 2006, 5:27pm »

Me too


How did we manage to go from "depressed"-topic back to Jake ?
Logged

nellie
Newbie


member is offline






Email PM


Posts: 0
Re: Feeling depressed?
« Reply #83 on: Jun 29th, 2006, 5:29pm »

on Jun 29th, 2006, 5:27pm, Nell wrote:
Me too


How did we manage to go from "depressed"-topic back to Jake ?


Yes how? He has that affect on people I guess.
Logged

Ellie
Gyllenhaalic Wannabe


member is offline



the gyllenhaal <3


Email PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 877
Re: Feeling depressed?
« Reply #84 on: Jun 29th, 2006, 5:30pm »

on Jun 29th, 2006, 5:27pm, Nell wrote:
Me too


How did we manage to go from "depressed"-topic back to Jake ?

Because Jake is so in-your-face sexy?
Logged

stardust25
Jake Fan


member is offline






PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 329
Re: Feeling depressed?
« Reply #85 on: Jun 30th, 2006, 01:48am »

I've been severely depressed for over a year now too.
It all started when I lost my job and was treated unfairly, then my self-esteem sunk really low.
I got another job, and it didn't work out either, so that made it alot worse. I began having suicidal thoughts, and pushed myself to get help. I am on heavy medication now, which really helps, and I see a psych doctor regularly. I feel better than I did before, but I have a long way to go before I feel normal and generally happy again. I'm thinking of going back to school and changing careers, so there is light at the end of the tunnel I hope.
I feel so guilty for even considering suicide, I'd hurt my family so much, but when you're depressed, you're not thinking straight. It's an ugly, ugly disease, but the good new is that it's treatable.
Logged

Nell
Gyllenhaalic Wannabe


member is offline






Email PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 665
Re: Feeling depressed?
« Reply #86 on: Jun 30th, 2006, 10:21am »

on Jun 30th, 2006, 01:48am, stardust25 wrote:
I've been severely depressed for over a year now too.
It all started when I lost my job and was treated unfairly, then my self-esteem sunk really low.
I got another job, and it didn't work out either, so that made it alot worse. I began having suicidal thoughts, and pushed myself to get help. I am on heavy medication now, which really helps, and I see a psych doctor regularly. I feel better than I did before, but I have a long way to go before I feel normal and generally happy again. I'm thinking of going back to school and changing careers, so there is light at the end of the tunnel I hope.
I feel so guilty for even considering suicide, I'd hurt my family so much, but when you're depressed, you're not thinking straight. It's an ugly, ugly disease, but the good new is that it's treatable.


I am SO proud of you because you decided to get help. You are incredibly brave! I grew up with a depressed mother, so I guess I kind of know the disease.

I used to be suicidal, too. But I couldn't do it, because I didn't want to hurt my parents. I am their only child and they have had such a hard time since I was born, and they love me so much... I knew they were going to go insane if I'd kill myself.

Love is what keeps you alive. Love for your family, friends, and eventually your love for life will come back...

Take it one day at a time, one step at a time, and I promise you you'll feel better in time *hug*
Logged

stardust25
Jake Fan


member is offline






PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 329
Re: Feeling depressed?
« Reply #87 on: Jun 30th, 2006, 2:32pm »

Thank you Nell for your kind words.

Yes, love is what keeps me going too. I have family
and friends that care about me, and that is the
most important thing. When you're depressed, you
tend to forget this, but I try to remind myself when
I start feeling down.
Logged

Nell
Gyllenhaalic Wannabe


member is offline






Email PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 665
Re: Feeling depressed?
« Reply #88 on: Jun 30th, 2006, 2:58pm »

on Jun 30th, 2006, 2:32pm, stardust25 wrote:
Thank you Nell for your kind words.

Yes, love is what keeps me going too. I have family
and friends that care about me, and that is the
most important thing. When you're depressed, you
tend to forget this, but I try to remind myself when
I start feeling down.


That's a good thing, honey one day at a time. Try to make each day count, try to laugh once every day. Watching "Friends" seriously helped me.

Right now, you need to focus on making yourself happy. Don't you ever feel like that's selfish, because it's not, it's healthy. You broke yourself down, now you have to build yourself up. It's logical and it takes time.
Logged

Ellie
Gyllenhaalic Wannabe


member is offline



the gyllenhaal <3


Email PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 877
Re: Feeling depressed?
« Reply #89 on: Jul 4th, 2006, 08:56am »

*drags the thread back up to the top* How's everyone been doing?
Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8  ...  45
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Disclaimer: The statements and views expressed on this forum by individual members do not reflect the thoughts and opinions of IHeartJake.Com or the IHJ Staff.
Monthly Ad-Free Plan!

$6.99 Gets 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

This Board Hosted For FREE By SuddenLaunch
Get Your Own Free Message Board!