Your sexuality?

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 27th, 2017, 08:03am




IHJ Community
Chatter Room
Chit Chat (Moderators: xoaLLyxo, Twilight)
  Your sexuality?
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  ...  12
   Author  Topic: Your sexuality?  (Read 341 times)
Jimmy
Gyllenhaalic


member is offline






PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1811
Re: Your sexuality?
« Reply #45 on: Feb 8th, 2007, 1:11pm »

Well, I'm gay
« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2007, 2:12pm by Jimmy » Logged

Ellie
Gyllenhaalic Wannabe


member is offline



the gyllenhaal <3


Email PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 877
Re: Your sexuality?
« Reply #46 on: Feb 8th, 2007, 7:53pm »

on Feb 7th, 2007, 10:54pm, lucky7babe21 wrote:
I am not sure as of right now what my sexuality is... I had always dated guys until I was 17 .Then after I turned 17, I fell madly in love with a girl that I dated for 3 1/2 yrs. She was everything to me and I thought I was to her. She treated me really awful the last 1 1/2 yrs we were together b/c she was an insanely jealous person. Her brother HATED me with a passion for no reason, so he was always inviting her over to his house and having girls ( that liked her) over so that she could see who she could be with instead of me. She cheated and broke my heart many times, but I could not stop loving her. When it was good, it was PERFECT, but when she was insecure and jealous about things it was HORRIBLE. She hit me alot, and she was always accusing me of cheating ( when we would go out, guys would hit on me, so she automatically assumed i knew them before that). I tried so hard to make it work but it just didnt. I moved away from CA to TX and then she broke up with me a month after I had left.That whole month though she had diff girls call me and tell me that they had just f*cked, and that we were over with. She treated me as if I wasnt even important, even though we had planned for her to come out and live with me out here. We had planned a whole life together.I had helped her in so many ways, you have no idea the lengths I went for her, and she just acted as if we never loved eachother at all. She ripped my heart in pieces and I literally felt like I could not breathe without her.

So with that said, I find guys extremely attractive, but I cant help to think that women are attractive too. Keep in mind that she was my only same sex relationship, and right now I can honestly say that I would not have a relationship with a woman but I would not be scared if it happened. I dont really believe in labels, so I wouldnt say I am bi, and there is NOTHING wrong with labeling yourself as so if you want to. I believe we fall in love with a person not a gender.

Sorry for blabbing, if you have any questions about anything that I posted feel free to contact me either on this thread or a private one. Thank you for reading this....

Wow, I was really moved by your story. I'm sorry that you had to go through that, but you're right, it is life and sadly it doesn't always go without hitches. I'm happy that you said you wouldn't be scared of having another same sex relationship, because that means your strong, and that you still see the good in the world after everything you've gone through, I admire you for that. <3 Like Bre was, I'm now scared to have another relationship with a guy because of what he put me through, but I'm determined to learn to trust them again - I know not all guys are like that, I've seen proof of that with both my offline life and the guys on here, and I will do it one day - the fact that you two have done it makes it easier. I love you both because you've made me realise I need to try... really try, when I was frightened before. So thank you.

Quote:
I can't tell you how moved I am by all this. Not just by the incredible story above or the ones above that but by ALL of this. When I first saw this thread I did not think there would be many responses or that people would actually say much about themselves but here are our stories. It tells me that lucky7babe21 has said an important truth: "I believe we fall in love with a person not a gender." That is so true for many of us. I think that was the problem for Ennis, he fell in love with a person but thought it had to be with a gender (of course, the times made the gender thing more important). That was his failure, and sometimes ours too.
Look how many people above are open to whatever happens for themselves and for others. They may feel securely one sexual preference but our not threatened by anyone else. Above is a cross section of society - look at how much some of society tries to deny or suppress this simple truth. I've had girlfriends and boyfriends but I think it is just important in the end to have someone to love.

What you've said moved me. When I started this thread I didn't think the responses would be like any that have come up, but somehow I knew no one would be nasty about it, or anything like that, because we all seem to understand each other. We live all over the world yet we really seem to connect, I don't know if it feels the same for any of you, but it does to me. When you said, Above is a cross section of society - look at how much some of society tries to deny or suppress this simple truth., I can't put it better myself. I can talk to people here without having to worry what might be said about me, or if it's the wrong thing to say, if it would offend anyone - in certain respects anyway. But here we're all able to listen to each other and offer advice and support and be mature about things. Our societies that we live in may - or may not - shun us for what we say, but this place feels more like home than where I am right now, so thank you everyone for understanding and being mature and respecting everyone else, and all the love. I love you all.
Logged

lucky7babe21
True Gyllenhaalic


member is offline



Lions and tigers and bears! Oh, my!

YIM YIM
Homepage PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 3198
Re: Your sexuality?
« Reply #47 on: Feb 8th, 2007, 9:25pm »

on Feb 8th, 2007, 7:53pm, Ellie wrote:
Wow, I was really moved by your story. I'm sorry that you had to go through that, but you're right, it is life and sadly it doesn't always go without hitches. I'm happy that you said you wouldn't be scared of having another same sex relationship, because that means your strong, and that you still see the good in the world after everything you've gone through, I admire you for that. <3 Like Bre was, I'm now scared to have another relationship with a guy because of what he put me through, but I'm determined to learn to trust them again - I know not all guys are like that, I've seen proof of that with both my offline life and the guys on here, and I will do it one day - the fact that you two have done it makes it easier. I love you both because you've made me realise I need to try... really try, when I was frightened before. So thank you.


Thank you so much!! I just started typing and it all poured out... thank you for saying i am strong b/c sometimes i believe that im not strong enough to go through something like that again. Your welcome for restoring your hope, you have no idea how much what youve said touches me Please dont ever stop trying or believing in love, i know it can happen but please dont. there is someone, some heart out there that is wanting to love you for you.




on Feb 7th, 2007, 11:12pm, ihjtalk wrote:
I can't tell you how moved I am by all this. Not just by the incredible story above or the ones above that but by ALL of this. When I first saw this thread I did not think there would be many responses or that people would actually say much about themselves but here are our stories. It tells me that lucky7babe21 has said an important truth: "I believe we fall in love with a person not a gender." That is so true for many of us. I think that was the problem for Ennis, he fell in love with a person but thought it had to be with a gender (of course, the times made the gender thing more important). That was his failure, and sometimes ours too.
Look how many people above are open to whatever happens for themselves and for others. They may feel securely one sexual preference but our not threatened by anyone else. Above is a cross section of society - look at how much some of society tries to deny or suppress this simple truth. I've had girlfriends and boyfriends but I think it is just important in the end to have someone to love.


Yes i truly believe that we fall in love with a person, regardless of gender. I believe in fate, hope, and most of all love. everything happens for a reason and sometimes, even though you may not understand it at the time, it still was meant to happen. love does not see race, gender, hair color, or any of the exterior things.

I am so happy that we can all be mature and talk openly about matters of the heart. I can trust all of you with anything i say. We can accept eachother for the people we are. I love you all
Logged



"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with."
Rob
True Gyllenhaalic


member is offline



~Stranger~


Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 3093
Re: Your sexuality?
« Reply #48 on: Feb 8th, 2007, 10:27pm »

do ya know something... i am REALLY confused
Logged


If They could only see you like I do
Then They will see a Stranger too
ihjtalk
True Gyllenhaalic


member is offline



Danny&Dougie ;)


Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5971
Re: Your sexuality?
« Reply #49 on: Feb 8th, 2007, 11:42pm »

on Feb 8th, 2007, 10:27pm, *{Rob}* wrote:
do ya know something... i am REALLY confused

do ya know something? It's OK to be confused.
You are reading a cross section of life rather than what a few might like everyone to believe is life. I grew up believing you should fall in love with a girl and live happily ever after. Like Jack, I didn't live my life that way and I pray I don't end up like Jack; and unlike Ennis I hope I realize what is there before me before it is too late. Thanks all for being whatever you are and having the courage to say so.
Logged

BreDigsTheJakeness
True Gyllenhaalic


member is offline



Buckingham Alice {lost in a curious dream}

AIM
Homepage Email PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7125
Re: Your sexuality?
« Reply #50 on: Feb 9th, 2007, 02:05am »

on Feb 8th, 2007, 10:27pm, *{Rob}* wrote:
do ya know something... i am REALLY confused

That's nothing to be ashamed/embarassed about. Most people at some time feel a little confused or at the very least curious as well. I didn't even really figure I was bi until I was 16. At first I thought it was a phase or a hormonal thing, but then I became more open to the idea of being bi. I finally called myself bi for the first time when I was 17 and that made sense. But it doesn't have to make sense for you... I've said it before and I'll prolly say it numerous times again, but sexuality is not black and white. There's lots of grey areas, and those grey areas can be beautiful. Don't feel pressureed to label yourself... just go with how you feel because in the end the only person you have to please is YOU.
Logged


"Music's in my soul
I can hear it everyday, everynight
It's the one thing on my mind
Music's got control
And I'm never letting go, no no
I just wanna play my music"
Dippy
True Gyllenhaalic


member is offline



jake dancing with a santa hat...my fantasy came true.

AIM
Email PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 3796
Re: Your sexuality?
« Reply #51 on: Feb 9th, 2007, 10:16am »

I am 14, so it could always change, but so far, I am definately straight. I have always been attracted to guys, I stay up all night talking about THEM and not girls, the only dates I have been on are with guys...yadda yadda.

My older sis is gay, so I have no homophobic-ness. I see her all the time with her girlfriends, I have seen them making out and stuff before. I have some bi friends, I have nothing wrong with it, but seeing all these people just made me realize that I want a GUY.

Plus guys can just be so hot.
Logged

Rob
True Gyllenhaalic


member is offline



~Stranger~


Email PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 3093
Re: Your sexuality?
« Reply #52 on: Feb 9th, 2007, 10:57am »

Quote:
do ya know something? It's OK to be confused.
You are reading a cross section of life rather than what a few might like everyone to believe is life. I grew up believing you should fall in love with a girl and live happily ever after. Like Jack, I didn't live my life that way and I pray I don't end up like Jack; and unlike Ennis I hope I realize what is there before me before it is too late. Thanks all for being whatever you are and having the courage to say so.


Quote:
That's nothing to be ashamed/embarassed about. Most people at some time feel a little confused or at the very least curious as well. I didn't even really figure I was bi until I was 16. At first I thought it was a phase or a hormonal thing, but then I became more open to the idea of being bi. I finally called myself bi for the first time when I was 17 and that made sense. But it doesn't have to make sense for you... I've said it before and I'll prolly say it numerous times again, but sexuality is not black and white. There's lots of grey areas, and those grey areas can be beautiful. Don't feel pressureed to label yourself... just go with how you feel because in the end the only person you have to please is YOU.


Thank you guys ... but sometimes i felt weird about it...
Logged


If They could only see you like I do
Then They will see a Stranger too
Rach
True Gyllenhaalic


member is offline



I'm Loving It!!


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4050
Re: Your sexuality?
« Reply #53 on: Feb 9th, 2007, 10:59am »

I am straight but I can see the beauty of women. I also agree about what someone said that you fall in love with the person not the gender. That is so true.

As many of you might know I am a Christian. Some people in the church comepltely disagree with homosexuality and in England this is in the press quite alot. I gonna put the record straight and say that not everyone is like that. The church I go to doesn't comdemn it. I remember a line from a sermon we had and it was something like 'God made each and every one of you, gay, straight or bi and he loves you no matter' It really put it in perspective and such.

Rach x
Logged


Heath Ledger
1979-2008
Nell
Gyllenhaalic Wannabe


member is offline






Email PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 665
Re: Your sexuality?
« Reply #54 on: Feb 9th, 2007, 11:14am »

on Feb 9th, 2007, 10:59am, Rach wrote:
I am straight but I can see the beauty of women. I also agree about what someone said that you fall in love with the person not the gender. That is so true.

As many of you might know I am a Christian. Some people in the church comepltely disagree with homosexuality and in England this is in the press quite alot. I gonna put the record straight and say that not everyone is like that. The church I go to doesn't comdemn it. I remember a line from a sermon we had and it was something like 'God made each and every one of you, gay, straight or bi and he loves you no matter' It really put it in perspective and such.

Rach x


That's such a good thing!

I agree completely with the first thing you said "I am straight but I can see the beauty of women. I also agree about what someone said that you fall in love with the person not the gender."

I'm not 100% bullet proof sure about my sexuality, but I do know I completely agree with that. From 'practical experience' I am straight, but I'm definately not sure if I'll always only like men. Because, like you said, I fall in love with the person, not with the gender. So who knows?
Logged

BreDigsTheJakeness
True Gyllenhaalic


member is offline



Buckingham Alice {lost in a curious dream}

AIM
Homepage Email PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7125
Re: Your sexuality?
« Reply #55 on: Feb 10th, 2007, 02:23am »

I'm glad you replied Rach, because you made me think of something I wanted to say. I'm not actually Christian or practicing any religion, but it always bother me when people assume all Christians are anti-gay. Anybody can be homophobic, no matter their religious denomination. I myself have a rather Protestant set of morals, and I know some gay people who are in fact Christian. I also know a Christian family with a gay son, and they love him as much as their other kids.

That's just another misconception that bothers me.
Logged


"Music's in my soul
I can hear it everyday, everynight
It's the one thing on my mind
Music's got control
And I'm never letting go, no no
I just wanna play my music"
DenisA
Gyllenhaalic Wannabe


member is offline



~~~* sMiLe iT HeLpS!!! *~~~ ~~~*DenisA hearts Jake! *~~~


Email PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 737
Re: Your sexuality?
« Reply #56 on: Feb 10th, 2007, 04:03am »

on Feb 6th, 2007, 07:47am, Look_at_her wrote:
Im straight as well. But im open minded and i have no problem whatsoever with gay or bisexual people, I think everyone should be respected for what they are no matter what. Life's too short to worry about things like that. Just be happy.


well said...and I'm straight
Logged

Just me...somewhere...

and sweet Jake...
Bizy
Jake Fan


member is offline



I believe in Jake

ICQ
Homepage Email PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 483
Re: Your sexuality?
« Reply #57 on: Feb 10th, 2007, 04:39am »

on Feb 7th, 2007, 10:54pm, lucky7babe21 wrote:
I am not sure as of right now what my sexuality is... I had always dated guys until I was 17 .Then after I turned 17, I fell madly in love with a girl that I dated for 3 1/2 yrs. She was everything to me and I thought I was to her. She treated me really awful the last 1 1/2 yrs we were together b/c she was an insanely jealous person. Her brother HATED me with a passion for no reason, so he was always inviting her over to his house and having girls ( that liked her) over so that she could see who she could be with instead of me. She cheated and broke my heart many times, but I could not stop loving her. When it was good, it was PERFECT, but when she was insecure and jealous about things it was HORRIBLE. She hit me alot, and she was always accusing me of cheating ( when we would go out, guys would hit on me, so she automatically assumed i knew them before that). I tried so hard to make it work but it just didnt. I moved away from CA to TX and then she broke up with me a month after I had left.That whole month though she had diff girls call me and tell me that they had just f*cked, and that we were over with. She treated me as if I wasnt even important, even though we had planned for her to come out and live with me out here. We had planned a whole life together.I had helped her in so many ways, you have no idea the lengths I went for her, and she just acted as if we never loved eachother at all. She ripped my heart in pieces and I literally felt like I could not breathe without her.

So with that said, I find guys extremely attractive, but I cant help to think that women are attractive too. Keep in mind that she was my only same sex relationship, and right now I can honestly say that I would not have a relationship with a woman but I would not be scared if it happened. I dont really believe in labels, so I wouldnt say I am bi, and there is NOTHING wrong with labeling yourself as so if you want to. I believe we fall in love with a person not a gender.

Sorry for blabbing, if you have any questions about anything that I posted feel free to contact me either on this thread or a private one. Thank you for reading this....

lucky7babe21, your story touched me cause i saw that kind of situations only in movies not in real life. I'm really sorry for you. That girl hadn't right to treat you so awfuly, but it's life and everything happen and we just can't do anything about that. I admire you for a phrase you said: "we fall in love with a person not a gender". This is SO right! I have been realized that before but you said it and now i understand it is indeed so. Thank you for sharing.
Logged

You are what you love, not what loves you.

Nell
Gyllenhaalic Wannabe


member is offline






Email PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 665
Re: Your sexuality?
« Reply #58 on: Feb 10th, 2007, 05:51am »

on Feb 10th, 2007, 02:23am, BreDigsTheJakeness wrote:
I'm glad you replied Rach, because you made me think of something I wanted to say. I'm not actually Christian or practicing any religion, but it always bother me when people assume all Christians are anti-gay. Anybody can be homophobic, no matter their religious denomination. I myself have a rather Protestant set of morals, and I know some gay people who are in fact Christian. I also know a Christian family with a gay son, and they love him as much as their other kids.

That's just another misconception that bothers me.


Yeah same here. I generally don't like it when people think they know someone because that person is religious; every person is unique and different and the very same religion can manifest in millions of different of ways with millions of different people. I'm pagan and there's plenty of other pagans I don't agree with, and every religion has tolerant and less tolerant people.

If anyone, Rach has taught me that So thanks again, Rach *hug* Because I'm pagan I'd been judged a lot by Christians and to be honest I was almost becoming prejudice - but then I got to know Rach and realized that it wasn't Christianity, it was the individuals I didn't like.

But this is kind of off topic, sorry
Logged

Rach
True Gyllenhaalic


member is offline



I'm Loving It!!


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4050
Re: Your sexuality?
« Reply #59 on: Feb 10th, 2007, 08:03am »

on Feb 10th, 2007, 05:51am, Nell wrote:
Yeah same here. I generally don't like it when people think they know someone because that person is religious; every person is unique and different and the very same religion can manifest in millions of different of ways with millions of different people. I'm pagan and there's plenty of other pagans I don't agree with, and every religion has tolerant and less tolerant people.

If anyone, Rach has taught me that So thanks again, Rach *hug* Because I'm pagan I'd been judged a lot by Christians and to be honest I was almost becoming prejudice - but then I got to know Rach and realized that it wasn't Christianity, it was the individuals I didn't like.

But this is kind of off topic, sorry


I am lost for words Nell, thanks so much for your kind words and I have learnt from you too and thanks for being an awesome friend these past few months, it means alot.

Bre I totally agree with you that anyone can be homophobic. One of my friend's brother is gay got beaten up by some homophobic lads in his school year. People in this world are so narrow minded and set in their ways and this is where I find the church can go wrong sometimes. Everyone needs to open their eyes and realise that what other people do in their lives doesn't really bother you after all.

And rob you wil figure it all out, don't worry, one day it will all fall in place.

Rach xxx
Logged


Heath Ledger
1979-2008
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  ...  12
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Disclaimer: The statements and views expressed on this forum by individual members do not reflect the thoughts and opinions of IHeartJake.Com or the IHJ Staff.
Monthly Ad-Free Plan!

$6.99 Gets 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

This Board Hosted For FREE By SuddenLaunch
Get Your Own Free Message Board!