NAILED (Unknown Date)

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2017, 8:33pm




IHJ Community
Movies
Jake Movies (Moderators: xoaLLyxo, Twilight)
  NAILED (Unknown Date)
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7  8
   Author  Topic: NAILED (Unknown Date)  (Read 2386 times)
JoeAnn
Jake Fan


member is offline






PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 166
Re: NAILED (2009)
« Reply #60 on: Jul 11th, 2008, 12:57pm »

"Director Russell is a "perfectionist." Some might say he's "obsessive-compulsive." Russell reshot one dramatic monologue where Jessica Biel, playing the part of an uninsured receptionist, addresses Congress in support of a bill to fund national health care. Biel faithfully cried on each shoot.

This finally precipitated a Jake Gyllenhaal "temper tantrum." Jake slammed his fists on his legislative desk, followed by a verbal exchange with the director. "

Temper tantrum? Jake? This sounds like it was Jake himself getting huffy and not the character he was portraying. After working with David "Ninety Takes" Fincher, one would think Jake would a be pro at taking multiple takes in stride. Maybe he was having a bad day. lol
Logged

Evie
Gyllenhaalic


member is offline






PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 1442
Re: NAILED
« Reply #61 on: Dec 5th, 2008, 10:02am »

on May 10th, 2008, 6:49pm, fanny wrote:
A comment from Melissa on the Fitsnews site:

"The movie was only shut down for the day and it was on Friday (we had extras at the State House on Friday)i hear they are back to filming starting possibly Monday and definitely Tuesday. I work in the State House and they have filmed a lot there and will be back Monday or Tuesday we are told. and yes, I have seen this girl there lots and she is actually 1000 times prettier than these pictures show."

http://www.fitsnews.com/2008/05/09/mystery-babe-from-nailed-set/#comments


The latest issue of OK! magazine, with Reese on the cover and a big article inside that discusses her relationship with Jake, refers to Nailed as being "on hold." It's hard to know exactly what that description means, but if the film had a release date, the article would have said so. I get the feeling we may never see this movie. If we're lucky, it may go straight to video. Bummer.
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2008, 10:03am by Evie » Logged

LaurenaKaJakefan
Gyllenhaalic


member is offline



"I just don't see the point in crying over a dead rabbit!"


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 2923
Re: NAILED
« Reply #62 on: Dec 5th, 2008, 4:46pm »

on Dec 5th, 2008, 10:02am, Evie wrote:
The latest issue of OK! magazine, with Reese on the cover and a big article inside that discusses her relationship with Jake, refers to Nailed as being "on hold." It's hard to know exactly what that description means, but if the film had a release date, the article would have said so. I get the feeling we may never see this movie. If we're lucky, it may go straight to video. Bummer.


I feel the same way- it's been probably a year or so since we heard about this film, & it's been backed up so many times. *sigh*
Logged

...::::::...
Monicabbm
Gyllenhaalic Wannabe


member is offline






PM


Posts: 874
Re: NAILED (2009)
« Reply #63 on: Jan 23rd, 2009, 08:12am »

'The Somerset County woman is scheduled to co-star with actors Tracy Morgan, Jessica Biel and Jake Gyllenhaal in the romantic comedy "Nailed," which in July completed filming in South Carolina. The movie, which revolves around a waitress who gets a nail accidentally lodged in her head and causes unpredictable behavior, is scheduled to arrive in theaters this summer, Williams said in a recent telephone interview.'

http://wetdarkandwild.blogspot.com/2009/01/nailed-on-way.html

Logged

EgraceW
Jake Fan


member is offline






PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 349
Re: NAILED (2009)
« Reply #64 on: Jan 23rd, 2009, 5:42pm »

oooh yayy
Bo one would come with me to see this, so i'll have to wait for it to come out on dvd anyway!

Does anyone else think that the film sounds a bitt..you know..rubbish

Could bring his credability waay down

Prince of persia..video game adaptations are never successful or acclaimed. May bring in the money at the box office.

Brothers however is a whole diffferent ball game

What does everyone else think about Nailed and POP?
Logged

He had me at Donnie Darko // Then i met Jack Twist
atalley
Gyllenhaalic


member is offline






PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 2092
Re: NAILED (2009)
« Reply #65 on: Jan 23rd, 2009, 10:09pm »

I'm not excited about Nailed and unsure about POP (although I'm sure I'll see it). I am also VERY EXCITED about Brothers!!
Logged

Sheilah
Gyllenhaalic


member is offline



In loving memory of Heath


Email PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 2373
Re: NAILED (2009)
« Reply #66 on: Jan 24th, 2009, 08:29am »

I'm not excited about Nailed either. PoP however, could be just the movie which brings him back to stardom. It is sad but here in Belgium Jake is little known. After Brokeback Mountain everything became quiet. Both 'Zodiac' and 'Rendition' are dealing with specific American issues... and therefor didn't do well at the box office. The story in Brothers could be happening everywhere. I saw the original Danish movie not so long ago see. So my hopes are high for the American version with Jake. I look forward to watch this film in Belgian theatres.

Logged



Once in a while, you meet people who inspire you.
Evie
Gyllenhaalic


member is offline






PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 1442
Re: NAILED (2009)
« Reply #67 on: Jan 24th, 2009, 11:26am »

on Jan 24th, 2009, 08:29am, Sheilah wrote:
I'm not excited about Nailed either. PoP however, could be just the movie which brings him back to stardom. It is sad but here in Belgium Jake is little known. After Brokeback Mountain everything became quiet. Both 'Zodiac' and 'Rendition' are dealing with specific American issues... and therefor didn't do well at the box office. The story in Brothers could be happening everywhere. I saw the original Danish movie not so long ago see. So my hopes are high for the American version with Jake. I look forward to watch this film in Belgian theatres.



Sheila, I was thinking: if Jake isn't much known in Belgium, maybe it would be a good place for him and Reese to buy a house. They could live comfortably and move about without being chased by the paps! Wouldn't you love to see him walking the streets of your city?
Logged

strictmachine
Jake Fan


member is offline






PM


Posts: 398
Re: NAILED (2009)
« Reply #68 on: Jan 24th, 2009, 11:53am »

on Jan 23rd, 2009, 10:09pm, atalley wrote:
I'm not excited about Nailed and unsure about POP (although I'm sure I'll see it). I am also VERY EXCITED about Brothers!!


Ditto. I'm quite nervous about Nailed

But Brothers, I can't wait! Also with the promotion, Jake and Natalie together
Logged

Carla50
Gyllenhaalic


member is offline






PM


Posts: 1002
Re: NAILED (2009)
« Reply #69 on: Jan 24th, 2009, 4:38pm »

Jakes last three movies - BBM, ZODIAC and Rendition - were all deadly serious.

Therefore I like his decision working on an hopefully funny obscure satire - a complete different kind of fiilm. I have a feeling that Jake loves David O. Russells kind of humour....

I hope we will be able to see this on the big screen.

"Brothers" sound good but is again a serious drama with scenes playing in Afghanistan. Not sure that the audience wants to see somethig like that (see "Renditon" or "Valley of Elah") It is also unclear to me why the studio delayed the release date. Usually not a good sign.

PoP will be hopefully a box office success and if so Jake will be back to "stardom" - I just hope it wont be just some stereotype characters with senseless action scenes like so often in these kind of blockbusters. Although films like "Iron Man" or "The Dark Knight" are good examples that action and fun are not necessarily excluding quality.

During the last months there were more reports and speculation about Jakes private life spreaded in the tabloids and newspapers than about his films or his acting carreer. I hope this will change this year.
Logged

Monicabbm
Gyllenhaalic Wannabe


member is offline






PM


Posts: 874
Re: NAILED (2009)
« Reply #70 on: Apr 6th, 2009, 9:23pm »

Inside the Statehouse - Pictures from the Nailed set:

http://wetdarkandwild.blogspot.com/2009/04/inside-statehouse-pictures-from-nailed.html

Jake's hair is very funny. I loved! Hehehehehe
He's so cute!

Logged

brokebackmountain
Jake Fan


member is offline






PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 158
Re: NAILED (2009)
« Reply #71 on: May 4th, 2009, 4:12pm »

Help me, please.
How I know, in Russia release date of "Nailed" will be in july 2009. And when go out movie in USA? Maybe I something don't understand?
Logged

atalley
Gyllenhaalic


member is offline






PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 2092
Re: NAILED (2009)
« Reply #72 on: May 4th, 2009, 8:53pm »

I may be wrong, but I don't think anyone knows when it's coming out in Theaters.
Logged

Carla50
Gyllenhaalic


member is offline






PM


Posts: 1002
Re: NAILED (2009)
« Reply #73 on: May 6th, 2009, 03:57am »

on May 4th, 2009, 8:53pm, atalley wrote:
I may be wrong, but I don't think anyone knows when it's coming out in Theaters.


Probably never!

http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2009/05/is-david-o-russells-nailed-never-coming.html

"But now we don't really need that as Jessica Biel herself, one of the leads of the political satire has basically come out and said it all herself in a recent article with the Orlando Sentinel, the film is unfinished and would essentially have to return for additional photography and scenes for it to be completeted (and they're not reshoots because the scenes were never shot)."

Some people might be happy about this news but IMO it was a good possibility for Jake to show his comedy talent.



Logged

Evie
Gyllenhaalic


member is offline






PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 1442
Re: NAILED (2009)
« Reply #74 on: May 6th, 2009, 08:55am »

on May 6th, 2009, 03:57am, Carla50 wrote:
Probably never!

http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2009/05/is-david-o-russells-nailed-never-coming.html

"But now we don't really need that as Jessica Biel herself, one of the leads of the political satire has basically come out and said it all herself in a recent article with the Orlando Sentinel, the film is unfinished and would essentially have to return for additional photography and scenes for it to be completeted (and they're not reshoots because the scenes were never shot)."

Some people might be happy about this news but IMO it was a good possibility for Jake to show his comedy talent.





Sad news, indeed, for all concerned, not just for us with our hopes for a new Jake film. So much time and effort and money, and the project seems to have collapsed.

I will say that the blogger has exaggerated a little. James Caan didn't quit in the middle of filming, he quit at the start. The blowup with Jake was one incident on the set and probably didn't cause any major damage. After all, didn't Jake recently have lunch or something with Russell? It wasn't an unfriendly meeting, from the photos we saw.

Although I never felt good about the prospects for Nailed once the production had to shut down over money, I tried to be optimistic: maybe it would go straight to video. I'm not hopeful now, considering that no work has been done on it for months, according to the blogger. And how realistic is it to expect that the cast can reassemble, a year later, and fill in with new scenes?
Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7  8
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Disclaimer: The statements and views expressed on this forum by individual members do not reflect the thoughts and opinions of IHeartJake.Com or the IHJ Staff.
Monthly Ad-Free Plan!

$6.99 Gets 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

This Board Hosted For FREE By SuddenLaunch
Get Your Own Free Message Board!